Please continue to check your State Tech email for important information and updates!
State Technical College of Missouri confers degrees every semester, but commencement ceremonies are held in May only. Graduates from the previous Fall semester, Spring candidates, and approved Summer candidates may participate each May.
Commencement ceremonies will be held at 9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 5, 2018, in the Activity Center on the main campus in Linn.
Participants should arrive 30 minutes prior to ceremony time and report to the Osage County Community Center.
9:00 a.m. Ceremony Participants
- Automation & Robotics Technology
- Electric Power Generation Technology
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Technology
- Industrial Electricity
- Machine Tool Technology/Precision Machining Technology
- Nuclear Technology
- Welding Technology
12:00 p.m. Ceremony Participants
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Commercial Turf & Grounds Management
- Design Drafting Technology
- Heavy Equipment Operations
- Dental Assisting Technology
- Medical Radiologic Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing Technology
3:00 Ceremony Participants
- Business Administration
- Computer Application Development
- Networking Systems Technology
- Networking Systems Technology – Digital Communications Technician Option
- Automotive Collision Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Maintenance
- Heavy Equipment Technology
- Heavy Equipment Technology – CAT Dealer Service Technician Option
- Medium/Heavy Truck Technology
- Medium/Heavy Truck Technology – Heartland International Dealers Association Option
- Outdoor Power and Sports Technology
- February 28 – To remove your name from the commencement program, submit the FERPA Academic Honors and Graduation Publication form to the Academic Records Office (Room 101 of the Information Technology Center). This form is available on the Student Info tab on EagleOnline on the State Tech website and at the Academic Records Office.
- April 30 - To designate a specific newspaper where graduate information should be released, submit the FERPA Academic Honors and Graduation Publication form to the Academic Records Office (Room 101 of the Information Technology Center). This form is available on the Student Info tab on EagleOnline on the State Tech website and at the Academic Records Office.
Alumni Association – Congratulations and welcome to the State Tech Alumni Association! As a graduate of State Technical College of Missouri, you join an organization of more than 13,000 people from around the world. As a member of the Alumni Association, you will have opportunities to gather and connect with fellow alumni. For more information on what the Alumni Association has to offer you as a graduate, please visit http://alumni.statetechmo.edu.
Announcements – The State Tech Bookstore will sell Commencement announcements. More information will be posted on the website when they are ready.
Diplomas – The Academic Records Office mails diplomas (and diploma covers to those not participating in commencement) and student-issued transcripts six weeks after the graduation term to the address listed on the graduation application.
Please note: Diplomas and transcripts will not be released to graduates until all accounts at the college are clear.
Honor Stoles –
Photographer - State Technical College of Missouri contracts with a professional photographer for commencement. More information will be posted here when photos are ready to view and purchase.
Physical Accommodations – Participants who need physical accommodations at the ceremony should call 573-897-5120 for assistance.
Regalia – State Tech orders regalia (cap and gown) for commencement participants. Only State Tech regalia should be worn. Students will be allowed to decorate the top of the regalia cap only if it pertains to the program and if the decorating has been approved by the department chair. Regalia is ordered based on information provided on graduation applications. There is no cost for regalia, and the regalia does not have to be returned after the ceremony. An email will be sent to participants’ State Tech email addresses when regalia is ready to pick up at the bookstore. Appropriate attire underneath the regalia includes:
- Men: Dark slacks (no shorts or jeans) and dark dress shoes (no work boots or shoes, tennis shoes, flip-flops, or sandals)
- Women: Dark slacks or skirt (no shorts or jeans) and dark dress shoes/low heels recommended (no work boots or shoes, tennis shoes, flip-flops, or casual sandals)
Rehearsal – Graduation candidates do not participate in a rehearsal. Assistant marshals, who are faculty members from each program, do participate in rehearsal and guide the candidates throughout the ceremony.
Tassels – Tassels are worn on the right side of caps at the beginning of the ceremony, and after candidates are pronounced graduated, tassels are moved to the left side of the caps.
Tickets – Guests are not required to have tickets to attend commencement, and there is no limit on the number of guests who may attend!
Please contact these offices if you have questions. . .
Academic Records Office/Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding:
- Graduation eligibility
- Regalia orders
Bookstore at 573-897-5124 regarding:
- Announcement orders
- Regalia pick up