Please continue to check your STC email for important information and updates!
More private details will be communicated via STC email only.
State Technical College of Missouri confers degrees every semester, but commencement ceremonies are held in May only. Graduates from the previous Fall semester, Spring candidates, and approved Summer candidates may participate each May.
Commencement ceremonies will be held at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 7, 2016, in the Activity Center on the Linn campus.
Participants should arrive one hour prior to ceremony time and report to the STC cafeteria in the Information Technology Center.
10:00 a.m. Ceremony Participants
2:00 p.m. Ceremony Participants
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Commercial Turf & Grounds Management
- Design Drafting Technology
- Heavy Equipment Operations
Transportation Technology Division
- Automotive Collision Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Maintenance
- Heavy Equipment Technology
- Medium/Heavy Truck Technology
- Powersports Technology
- Dental Assisting Technology
- Medical Radiologic Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
Computer Technology Division
- Business Systems Specialist
- Computer Programming
- Networking Systems Technology
Industrial Technology Division
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning Technology
- Industrial Electricity
- Machine Tool Technology
- Nuclear Technology
- Welding Technology
- February 26 – To walk at the May commencement ceremony, spring and/or summer graduation applications are due in the Academic Records Office. The regalia order will be placed March 1st.
- March 4 – To remove your name from the commencement program, submit the FERPA Academic Honors and Graduation Publication form to the Academic Records Office (Room 108 of the Nilges Technology Center). This form is available on the Student Info tab on EagleOnline on the STC website and at the Academic Records Office.
- April 30 - To designate a specific newspaper where graduate information should be released, submit the FERPA Academic Honors and Graduation Publication form to the Academic Records Office (Room 108 of the Nilges Technology Center). This form is available on the Student Info tab on EagleOnline on the STC website and at the Academic Records Office.
Alumni Association – Congratulations and welcome to the STC Alumni Association! As a graduate of State Technical College of Missouri, you join an organization of nearly 11,000 people from around the world. As a member of the Alumni Association, you will receive the STC TECHnique as well as opportunities to gather and connect with fellow alumni. For more information on what the Alumni Association has to offer you as a graduate, please visit http://www.statetechmo.edu/alumni/index.php.
Announcements – The STC Bookstore will sell Commencement announcements. More information will be posted on the website when they are ready.
Diplomas – The Academic Records Office mails diplomas (and diploma covers to those not participating in commencement) and student-issued transcripts approximately six weeks after the graduation term to the address listed on the graduation application.
Please note: Diplomas and transcripts will not be released to graduates until all accounts at the college are clear.
Honor Stoles – Members of Phi Theta Kappa should contact Becky Dunn at email@example.com to order regalia.
Photographer - State Technical College of Missouri contracts with a professional photographer for commencement. More information will be posted here when photos are ready to view and purchase.
Physical Accommodations – Participants who need physical accommodations at the ceremony should call 573-897-5138 for assistance.
Regalia - There is no cost for regalia (cap and gown), and the regalia does not have to be returned after the ceremony. Regalia is picked up at the bookstore.
Rehearsal – Graduation candidates do not participate in a rehearsal. Assistant marshals, who are faculty members from each program, do participate in rehearsal and guide the candidates throughout the ceremony.
Tassels – Tassels are worn on the right side of caps at the beginning of the ceremony, and after candidates are pronounced graduated, tassels are moved to the left side of the caps.
Tickets – Guests are not required to have tickets to attend commencement, and there is no limit on the number of guests who may attend!
Please contact these offices if you have questions. . .
Academic Records Office/Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding:
- Graduation eligibility
- Regalia orders
Bookstore at 573-897-5124 regarding:
- Announcement orders
- Regalia pick up